MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Imported Threads & Users Error "Do Not Exist"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I recently imported threads and posts from an old board to a new board and brought over users as well.

Everything shows as if it is there in index, forumdisplay, search, etc. but when I click a thread/post link I get "The specified thread does not exist." or a profile I get "The member you specified is either invalid or doesn't exist."

Oddly enough UID 1 (my admin account) has a profile page and doesn't receive the error.

I'm a bit confused why this is happening. If anyone has any insight on what is going on here that would be great!
So to clarify ....
  • You had an old version of MyBB forum
  • You exported from that database "Threads" "Posts" & "Users" tables
  • Which you then imported into a clean and new 1.8.37 version of Mybb

Would that be correct?
this error have many reason like :
1. IF you visible field is 0.
2.  If there are no pid's the thread is probably awaiting approval
3. if thread closed field equel "moved|"

any way you can debug based on this code or laguage key that used in function :
error($lang->error_invalidthread);
Please describe exactly how you proceeded

why did you not use the merge system?
(2024-04-11, 07:21 PM)lost puppy Wrote: [ -> ]So to clarify ....
  • You had an old version of MyBB forum
  • You exported from that database "Threads" "Posts" & "Users" tables
  • Which you then imported into a clean and new 1.8.37 version of Mybb

Would that be correct?

Not old, same version. Migrated threads, posts, and users table to populate the board. Using it for testing and developing so I am not working on my live board. But wanted it filled with accounts and content so that I did not have to spam a bunch of threads myself to work on postbits and similar.

(2024-04-11, 08:14 PM)bv64 Wrote: [ -> ]Please describe exactly how you proceeded

why did you not use the merge system?

I exported threads, posts, and users and then imported them over to the alternative database. I did not use merge system for the reason above. Just simply working on a 'test' site that is fresh with no plugins so that I can play around with it without doing so on the live site.

I ended up dropping all the tables and then reimporting. Manually updated visible field to 1, updated FID to all the same board, and then went and rebuild/reloaded cache and also did a recount and rebuild and now the threads can be opened. I'm not sure exactly what fixed the issue but those were the steps I took.
Imho, the simplest way is to copy the entire base (clone the original one) and just change bburl and dsn (basename)
(2024-04-12, 03:09 PM)Crazycat Wrote: [ -> ]Imho, the simplest way is to copy the entire base (clone the original one) and just change bburl and dsn (basename)

This is how I typically do it but I wanted a completely blank slate with just threads/posts and user accounts.
If you want to do that just have to move all required additional information, and then move all desired contents, just users and posts, threads, forums too, due you have information inside forums and so on, i think the best practice is by moving just the database into your new one and use just the files and then make a cleanup.

But it is more work to do, so just move those additional tables that are referenced to your desired ones, that must cover it up to prevent issues. Then at that point you need to reconfigure some settings and make a recount of that parts to rebuild the cache contents and more, at that point all must have to work fine.