MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to Cloning Website?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have planing to have same website with different domain in same hosting like a clone, a real time clone . If users change their data in website 1 that data should be changed in website 2 in real time live automatically.

How should I achieve this ?

I am using Cpanel shared hosting

I have some examples

Website 1 - https://xforum.live

Website 2 - https://exforum.live

Theses two website are same i am already an user of website 1 but I can log in to website 2 , all my posts are showing in website 2 , when i post a new post in website 2 , the post is also showing in website 1 and vice-versa.

Although they are using xenforo in their website but i want to happen in my mybb website , is it possible to achieve this kind of thing ?
when you have website And you want it to be available from another domain , you can add second domain to that website as Addon domain.
 for cpanel you can read here

why two domain? What is your goal?

note : for cms like mybb you must change cookie settings to user be able login through both domain
Do you want a full clone (domain changes but users, threads and posts are the same) or just clone users ?
(2024-04-14, 09:44 PM)Crazycat Wrote: [ -> ]Do you want a full clone (domain changes but users, threads and posts are the same) or just clone users ?

Yes , everything clone
By default MyBB is not multi-domain-ready. That's because of the domain and cookie settings.

If you want to clone the fileset of your board to another domain/webspace/directory, you cannot use the same database because of mentioned domain/cookie/ settings...
If you still want to use the entire content from an existing database, there is a need to set up special database replications for all tables but those containing settings (a mix of local tables and synonyms). That's a more complicated approach and requires further discussing.

If you just want to access your website using another domain, you need to to set up a DNS (A record) redirection with "Frame Forwarding" from Domain2 to Domain1.
This will end up in still displaying the called Domain2 in the browser while the request is routet to Domain1 in backend - translated the Client thinks it is Domain2 while the DNS is in fact accessing Domain1. This way you can use different domains (and bypass any firewall if needed)

[ETS]
You can try if ABP Multi Domain still works. If yes, no need to copy anything
(2024-04-15, 04:54 AM)Crazycat Wrote: [ -> ]You can try if ABP Multi Domain still works. If yes, no need to copy anything

I tried to worked it out, but i couldn't figured it out how does it work ?

Can you please enlighten me ?
You just have to set the alternative domains (or subdomains) you use, and when you access the forum with the alt domain, the plugin modify on the fly the links and cookies.

The only technical thing you have to do is to configure your httpd to map the alt domain to your forum.
(2024-04-14, 11:04 PM)[ExiTuS] Wrote: [ -> ]By default MyBB is not multi-domain-ready. That's because of the domain and cookie settings.

If you want to clone the fileset of your board to another domain/webspace/directory, you cannot use the same database because of mentioned domain/cookie/ settings...
If you still want to use the entire content from an existing database, there is a need to set up special database replications for all tables but those containing settings (a mix of local tables and synonyms). That's a more complicated approach and requires further discussing.

If you just want to access your website using another domain, you need to to set up a DNS (A record) redirection with "Frame Forwarding" from Domain2 to Domain1.
This will end up in still displaying the called Domain2 in the browser while the request is routet to Domain1 in backend - translated the Client thinks it is Domain2 while the DNS is in fact accessing Domain1. This way you can use different domains (and bypass any firewall if needed)

[ETS]

set " Cookie Domain" empty and Cookie Path "/" , this way cookie works on all domains.

PARADOX987 example is a simple addon (for sure you can use whois lookup and see domains dns)
(2024-04-15, 03:19 PM)Mostafa.Shiraali Wrote: [ -> ]set " Cookie Domain" empty and Cookie Path "/" , this way cookie works on all domains.

PARADOX987 example is a simple addon (for sure you can use whois lookup and see domains dns)

Should I copy all the dns records of main domain to the new adon domain's dns records ?
Pages: 1 2