MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Thread Editor is Suddenly Missing on 2 of 3 Forums
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have three MyBB forums.  They are all upgraded to Version 1.8.37.  I have hundreds of users in my busiest forum.  In the other two, I only have a few participants.  All three are on different domain names but the same hosting provider, GoDaddy.

In the busiest forum, I posted a topic earlier in the day.  I didn't need to edit it, so I have no idea if the editor was there.  Hours later, I wanted to make another topic post, and I needed to edit it.  However, the smilies and editor were missing.  When I loaded attachments, they were there, but I could not insert them into the post because the Insert button has also disappeared next to the images.  I also noticed the text box (where I type the topic text) is smaller than normal, though I can still adjust its size.  I also noticed the thumbnail photos by the comments are not showing.  They have a broken image displayed, but the large profile photos are on the profiles themselves.

I checked my second forum, and it was the same situation as stated above, so I wondered if it was a hosting glitch since no one posted in that forum for weeks, and I made no admin changes to it.  (I am the only admin.)

I checked my third forum, and it has the smilies, editor above the text box, proper size text box, and I can insert attachments into the body of the text.  It's working.

Is this a hosting issue, or do two of my three forums suddenly have an issue even though I only posted a topic in the first one and did nothing to the second one?  Or is this something I need to fix, and where do I look to fix it?
First thing first, reset all your theme's codebuttons template to default, no harm in it as this template is having no styling part, mostly includes and editor configs.

If still the problem remains post some screenshots for better understanding.
Thanks for the reply, effone. The codebuttons were not the problem, but your reply helped me search the forum for what I needed.

For anyone else looking, I found this page: https://docs.mybb.com/1.8/faq/mycode-editor-missing/

After checking many things on there with no luck finding the issue, I ran the SQL Query:

UPDATE mybb_users SET showcodebuttons = '1' WHERE showcodebuttons = '0'

That brought back my editor buttons and my ability to insert an attachment in the text. But the avatar thumbnail image was still broken, and I could not see the attachment images in my post.

Then I noticed that one of each of my admin accounts was affected but the other admin account and user accounts were not. I literally had not touched anything, so I don't know how those accounts' settings changed, but I had to go into my Admin CP, click on Users & Groups, select "Options" by my username, Edit Profile & Settings, Account Settings, and then make sure the Thread View Options were toggled correctly.