MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Forum crashes error 500 after setting new CURVE UX theme
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a forum  https://www.myfamilycinema.help and we are trying to change theme to CURVE UX. 

https://community.mybb.com/mods.php?acti...w&pid=1591

Already uploaded the XML but when setting the theme as default it crashes ( see attachment)

[Image: Screen-Shot-2024-04-17-at-10.02.24-AM.png]this is my theme installed 

[Image: Screen-Shot-2024-04-17-at-11.55.28-AM.png]
When clicking on the arrow to set as default, the forum crashes. 

My BBM version is 1.8.30
did you read and follow the READ ME - IMPORTANT.txt in the download package and installed and activated all the plugins listed there, before uploading the .xml?

and secondly, you should definitely update to the current version 1.8.37
(2024-04-17, 03:29 PM)bv64 Wrote: [ -> ]did you read and follow the READ ME - IMPORTANT.txt in the download package and installed and activated all the plugins listed there, before uploading the .xml?

and secondly, you should definitely update to the current version 1.8.37

Hi! thanks for the quick response. I read the .txt file and indeed there are several things to consider I was missing. 

Check this below instruction: Do you know what this means?

"Also included is modified .css and .svg files for 'Modern' editor (required - you MUST select 'Modern' as the themes editor) and a heavily modified English language pack. Due to the way MyBB is designed, uploading a new language pack and overriding this one WILL DISRUPT design elements of the theme. All languages will need to be manually edited to avoid conflict."

Where should I select "modern" and what should I do witch .Css and .Svg files included?

Best regards
No, unfortunately not, I can't help you because I don't use the style myself.
I just knew there was something special about it
Wait for Matty, he will definitely be able to help you

did you take a look at the error logs what triggers this error 500 ?

edit: I'll took a second look at the download package
.css and .svg files are in the right place after upload

now you have to select in your theme settings for editor "modern" (scroll down in theme settings to see "Editor Style")
<div class="navigation">
{$nav}{$activesep}{$activebit}
</div>

This was caused by an errant copy and paste on my behalf that leads to faults on servers. It’s an easy fix.

Go into Admin CP > Templates & Style > Templates > Curves UX > Navigation Templates > nav

And replace the entire template with the above code.
(2024-04-17, 09:21 PM)MattyWjeisz Wrote: [ -> ]
<div class="navigation">
{$nav}{$activesep}{$activebit}
</div>

This was caused by an errant copy and paste on my behalf that leads to faults on servers. It’s an easy fix.

Go into Admin CP > Templates & Style > Templates > Curves UX > Navigation Templates > nav

And replace the entire template with the above code.

Thanks. It worked. !  Wink
I am also in the process of writing a small plugin for modified language files that will allow additional language packs to be added without interfering with design components.
Make sure you upload all contents of the package into your root forum folder as well. I just checked your site and some steps have been skipped in the read me file. Happy to assist if you’re unsure of what to do.
(2024-04-17, 09:49 PM)MattyWjeisz Wrote: [ -> ]Make sure you upload all contents of the package into your root forum folder as well. I just checked your site and some steps have been skipped in the read me file. Happy to assist if you’re unsure of what to do.

Hi Matthy! 

You know im installing your themes Inspired Dark , and the LIGHT but nevertheless when i activate the plugins, the forum appears to have same styles. The dark theme looks without it colors

check 

https://test.myfamilycinema.help/

I already followed txt read me files

. Uploaded all jscrpts and inc files

but when I  switch from the Inspired (Dark) - Responsive_#2_stable to the Inspired (responsive)_#6_stable but are all the same. 

Styles are not working.

Can you guess what could be the issue?

Also avatars image appear broken. 

My version is the last one. 

Thanks for the help