MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: setting "HTTP" to "HTTPS" on redirections
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I have altered my website to HTTPS and now when a user successfully signs up on the forum, it attempts to return them to the website index, but it follows an "HTTP" route which no longer functions on this website.  Can you please let me know which template I can update to alter this HTTP site reference to an HTTPS one instead?

I have attempted to search the various ones and locate it, but the activation templates appear to be prefixed with a "lang_" which I cannot locate the source of anywhere obvious

Many thanks,
Pete
Did you try to modify ACP > Configuration > Settings > Site Details > Board URL ?
if did change board URL settings and still have problem ( It is unlikely )
you can add this code to your .htacces

RewriteEngine On 
RewriteCond %{HTTPS} off 
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ https://%{HTTP_HOST}%{REQUEST_URI} [L,R=301]
OK, board URL is set correctly yes.  

Since we've moved to HTTPS, when it attempts to return to the default index page of the website after the successful member activation screeen, it attempts to access "/index.htm".  As it is setup now, it does not accept this default ".HTM" setting, but it DOES accept ".HTML" instead. 

So basically I need to change the default index URL it is attempting to load after successful member activation from \index.htm to \index.html for this process to work correctly for my site.

Does anyone know where this URL redirect variable is stored so I can modify it's extension to ".HTML"?

It appears the website was set to redirect if frame count is set to "0" so please ignore all my posts here regarding this. I have modified the redirection file and all good now - nothing to do with the forum and I apologise for bothering you on this.
Thanks for your support though! Smile