MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Old MyCodes Work, New Ones Do Not
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm not even sure how to go about debugging this so if anyone has any ideas please let me know.

All previous custom mycodes work. Today I go to add a new one in and it refuses to work. I've changed the mycode expression name to many different things but it refuses to do anything.

Test value entered. HTML result doesn't show HTML. Actual result just spits out the mycode as it was put in. Speak and speakalt are previous mycodes that always work but I don't expect them to on this page since its just testing the new code. However, I did remove them form the test element and it still has the same outcome.

See attachment. [attachment=46851]
Well, I don't understand.
Tested on Mybb 1.8.37:
[Image: test-My-Code.png]
Truthfully I'm not sure what is going on. It's incredibly strange.
Does the same happen in posts after saving?
Are any errors saved?

You can also try the same content on a separate MyBB installation.
It worked for me, but I use YourCode so not sure how that impacts.

Did you already code all the CSS and whatnot for the 'mycode base-table'? Is there any chance that is fudging it up and that's why our attempts are working and yours isn't?
Could it be that a plugin is causing the trouble? Does anything change if you temporarily disable all plugins via the ACP's Board Settings » General Configuration » Disable All Plugins setting?
(2024-04-22, 08:31 PM)Devilshakerz Wrote: [ -> ]Are any errors saved?

I had initially checked the error log but nothing was in it.

(2024-04-23, 07:25 AM)ThistleProse Wrote: [ -> ]Did you already code all the CSS and whatnot for the 'mycode base-table'? Is there any chance that is fudging it up and that's why our attempts are working and yours isn't?

CSS was coded and it was simple, no errors. Just a max width and background color added.

(2024-04-23, 11:06 AM)Laird Wrote: [ -> ]Could it be that a plugin is causing the trouble? Does anything change if you temporarily disable all plugins via the ACP's Board Settings » General Configuration » Disable All Plugins setting?

This worked. So now I have the pleasure of going through plugins one by one lol.
(2024-04-23, 01:34 PM)Taylor M Wrote: [ -> ]This worked. So now I have the pleasure of going through plugins one by one lol.

Enjoy! Let us know how you go.
List your plugins here if you want some guess from us. This has happened to me before ...