MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Using PM and Emails after X number of posts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
There are many users that come to forums but instead of posting they only send private messages, therefore they offer nothing, but only use the system abusively . I whould like an option in the user group settings below the " Can send Pms "
like this one:

"After how many public posts can this user group be able to send pms" Set 0 to disable

Therefore the admin can force some posters to make some posts or to disable this feature

Same can be done for emails
Its really usefull
i think this is better for a mod rather than being built into MyBB but its a good idea, i think I'll go and try to make it now
Awesome Big Grin I was just looking for something like this a few days ago!
Imho that sounds like total nonsense. I mean why would you encourage people to spam in order to be able to use all forum features?
FrashMX Wrote:Imho that sounds like total nonsense. I mean why would you encourage people to spam in order to be able to use all forum features?

Why whould they spam? just to make a couple of post to offer in the forum. Many people think that forums are chat rooms for private messaging. At least with this option the admin have flexible control and u can make the forum post take off. U can disable it if u want. Many people dont know to contribute but they just thinking of their self
Yes, we had this in our old Ikonboard forum and it worked very well, besides spam posts are deleted, and general chat doesn't count to post counts. People are encouraged to help on our forums, and helping brings benefits Smile
What happened with this mod. Is anybody willing to do it? I really need it
I have it on my list to do. It should be very easy. Im going to make it later today if time permits.
Plz dont forget to add the option that the admin can have this disabled if set to 0 or whatever u wanna do it and be compatible for emails as well and with an error msg like sorry your private msg can not be send the admin has specified that private messages can be sent only by users who have bla bla.. Also it whould be nice for users below the limit to be able to receive pm and read them but not to send untill they reach the limit
Ok. The mod is finished. Very basic but it works! You can disable it and change the minimum post num needed through the Admin CP. It displays a message if you dont have enough posts. But they can still receive and read them! Just not send them. The link is in my mods thread (link in my signature).
Pages: 1 2