MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Enabling reCAPTCHA v2 or v3 - not working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone

I tried to replace the "MyBB Default CAPTCHA" by "reCAPTCHA Invisible" in "General Configuration"->"CAPTCHA Images for Registration & Posting", but I didn't have success when testing a new registration.

I got the Keys from Google (Site Key which I assigned to "Public Key" and Secret Key which I assigned to "Secret Key") and I filled the keys settings in the "General Configuration".

When I access the registration page I can see the reCAPTCHA icon on right/bottom corner of the browser, but after fill the form and try to "Submit Registration" I always get the error message:
An error occurred with the human verification by reCAPTCHA. Please try again.
You can check it here: https://www.wings3d.com/forum/member.php...n=register

Is there something else I need to do in order to get it to work?

Because...
by checking the Google Cloud dashboard I can see the status for our reCAPTCHA as Incomplete. In the tip I see it means:
Incomplete
Finish setting up your key: Request scores
To fully protect your site or app, finish setting up your key. Your key is requesting tokens (executes), but isn't requesting scores (assessments).

I'm not sure what this means. Undecided
Is your reCAPTCHA something else? I know when I create new ones for sites I tend to get the v3 captcah.

I've been using the "reCAPTCHA v3" in MyBB settings for the keys I've got and it works just fine. Perhaps you're not using the correct reCAPTCHA type.
(2024-04-30, 12:28 PM)Taylor M Wrote: [ -> ]Is your reCAPTCHA something else? I know when I create new ones for sites I tend to get the v3 captcah.

I've been using the "reCAPTCHA v3" in MyBB settings for the keys I've got and it works just fine. Perhaps you're not using the correct reCAPTCHA type.
Hi Taylor M. Thanks for take your time answering me.

I had used the v2 Invisible option. But, just in case I removed it and created a v3 like the one you says to use.
I followed this tutorial: How to Create reCAPTCHA Keys and the links they shared.

Something I didn't noticed before was an option to "Switch to create a classic key" - which means the first one I tried was the enterprise option. So, now I'm using the that classic key option and selected the v3:
[Image: w3drecaptcha.png]

Then I obtained the keys and populated them on the MyBB board. But, no one can get registered because that message still persists - although it's possible to see the reCAPTCHA icon on the bottom of the screen. Sad

You can check here: https://www.wings3d.com/forum/member.php...n=register (tomorrow I should restore back to MyBB recaptcha)

Something that crossed my mind is the possibility of the provider blocking this service. Our page is hosted by SourceForge.com and they are already blocking the outbound messaged - so, not forum messages arrives for the users.
Try registering on the Default MyBB theme. If it works there then you have an issue with templates in your custom theme.