MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Rep system
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
hey can someone make my a rep system that is more like the vBulletin®

[Image: repnc3.png]'

None image was resized
BUMP!
Don't bump threads unless they have been inactive for 24 hours.

This mod might be what you are looking for.
No Realy the same Big Grin
This mod would be amazing if someone can do it!

I love the rep system in vB and something even remotely close to it would be awesome Smile (Where a bar is filling up or something at least).

Also that's not exactly the same DrPoodle. I guess it's good for now, I'll use it but a vB style rep system would be awesome on here. Smile
This would be incredibly easy to make but pointless. Why copy VB?
I love the bar. Just my honest opinion Smile

It doesn't have to be green/red/gray boxes. It can be a bar filling up or something? I just feel like it looks better Smile (Better than numbers that is....)
Animal24 Wrote:I love the bar. Just my honest opinion Smile

It doesn't have to be green/red/gray boxes. It can be a bar filling up or something? I just feel like it looks better Smile (Better than numbers that is....)

Yes, I agree with your opinion, but it is kinda sad that those who can make one are not interested to make it.
You can write a quick plugin that replaces the number with a graphic based on score.

i.e.
-0 rep =red bar
0 rep =gray dot
1-5 green dot
6-15 2 green dots
16-30 3 gree dots

and so on...not too difficult really...

Look at some plugins and see if you can figure it out.
I have a plugin tutorial at mybb central to get you started and I know some other tuts are around too.

Basically to do this plugin you just create an if statement and replace the graphic variable based on rep. It's extremely easy to do as a plugin.
Not that easy, if not impossible, with a plugin to change the rep_style in the postbit =P
I've done a lil' code mod with as result:
[Image: reputation_diff_style.jpg]

Reputation#2 shows per 5 reputation points, 1 green block. If negative, red blocks.
Pages: 1 2