MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Theme Quality Control....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Gene Steinberg Wrote:Not everyone has the time. Some of us have a job providing the goods and services that our sites are all about Smile

Erm....I don't want to get into an argument or anything but do you believe the devs of MyBB (either the ones working on skins or plugins) don't have jobs? They spend a whole lot longer working on their stuff than you would editing one or two files.

Maybe I've just been with phpBB for too long that I'm used to editing files where others have the pleasure of "activating" plugins?

Trust me, you're lucky you're not on phpBB.
Audentio Wrote:I have no problem with the idea as a general idea, but we would have to think of a way to do this to begin with, and permission from the team as well probably...I don't know...

I realize this is not something that happens overnight. But I'm really excited about the potential of MyBB, which is why I have three forums using it now.

I think this group is still relatively small in the scheme of things, but needs to prepare for growth in somewhat of an orderly way. Otherwise, there's the danger of the situation becoming a little chaotic. By considering ways to help new users -- and many of them won't be adept at messing with templates -- you will improve the community.

I don't pretend to offer answers over how this might be done, but a discussion is important.
Pages: 1 2