MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: smilies codes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

i think this is the right place to post this issue...

the thing is that i've added some smilies, and for example, i have one that it's shortcut is : p (all together) and another one that it's shortcut is : paw (all together also) but when i try to use the second one, i get somethin like :paw, i've seen forums in which they also have similar shortcuts like in my case and they don't have this problem, how can i fix it?

i think i didn't make myself really clear, my english ain't that good! Sad

thanks for the link, but that's not the problem that i'm havin'....
Rebuild the cache at Admin CP > Maintainence > Cache manager

i just rebuilt the smilies cache at the admin cp just like u said but it didn't work... Sad
let's see if i can describe better this problem now...
i uploaded some smilies, then.. u see the spam image that comes as avatar on the default download of mybb? mybb/images/avatars/spam.gif, ([Image: spam7yh.gif] this one) well that image i made it a smilie and its shortcut is :spam: then i also uploaded the msn messenger default smilies, and the shortcut for one of them is :s ([Image: msnconfused2ak.gif] this one), so, when i try to use the spam emoticon ( i type :spam: ) but the post results like this:

[Image: msnconfused2ak.gif]pam

instead of lookin like this: [Image: spam7yh.gif]

i know i could just change the shortcuts but i don't want to cuse i'm used to them (from aonther forums) and i know there's a way to make this work... can u help me?

Well, I still think that the link I gave you should help it.
Na, Its not that. My guess would be this

You added Confused first and therefore it parses that before :spam:

To get around this, delete both, and add :spam: first, then Confused
it didn't work man.. i tried deletin them and adding them just the way u posted but still happens the same.. any other chance
It sounds like you'll have to change the code of one of the smilies since it's not working.
Pages: 1 2