MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Upgrading your MyBB 1.2 plugins for MyBB 1.4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
dtommy79 Wrote:When is 1.4 will be released?

My God... It's as if people can't take a honest moment out of their time and use the SEARCH feature.

Stop spamming the threads with these USELESS, already answered questions for the billionth times!
I think I'll play safe, by just removing all my plugins and re-install 1.4 updated versions for it. I don't want to eggplant up, I've had some bad experience with database stuff.. =/
Kikkerking Wrote:I think I'll play safe, by just removing all my plugins and re-install 1.4 updated versions for it. I don't want to eggplant up, I've had some bad experience with database stuff.. =/
Smart thing to do Toungue.
Man im skrewedSad How long do you think before most plugins are adapted to 2.4? Because i run alot of plugins....
Wheel-World Wrote:Man im skrewedSad How long do you think before most plugins are adapted to 2.4? Because i run alot of plugins....

Well that depends on the developer of the plugin.

He/she should know about this so they can update their plugins as soon as Mybb 1.4 comes out. I'm sure you'll be notified of the update. Check their thread, or the MyBB mods page. But as soon as 1.4 comes out, you wont be able to have any plugins, unless you edit them yourself so they work. But it's better to leave that to the developer.
So with the _install() and _uninstall() routines, I presume MyBB 1.4 will take a different approach to activation/deactivation?
My guess is that the aim is allow a mod to be "hidden" whilst still retaining it's settings - correct?

Tikitiki Wrote:We've added some new functions such as:
$db->replace_query(arg1 table, arg2 replacements)
$db->fetch_size([arg1 table])
$db->drop_table(arg1 table, [arg2 hard drop, [arg3 table prefix]])
$db->free_result(arg1 query resource)
Being not very good with DBs, what do some of those functions do?
I'm guessing fetch_size either returns the number of rows, or size in bytes?
drop_table is obvious.
I'm guessing free_result unset's a previously done query?

What's replace_query though? Is it like a update query for multiple rows?

Tikitiki Wrote:you can take advantage of a new variable in the database class called $db->type;

Here is an example:
switch($db->type)
{
	case "pgsql":
	case "sqlite3":
	case "sqlite2":
		$query = $db->simple_select("modtools", "tid, name, type", "','||forums||',' LIKE '%,$fid,%' OR ','||forums||',' LIKE '%,-1,%'");
		break;
	default:
		$query = $db->simple_select("modtools", "tid, name, type", "CONCAT(',',forums,',') LIKE '%,$fid,%' OR CONCAT(',',forums,',') LIKE '%,-1,%'");
}
Just a question, is $config['dbtype'] (forgot the exact name) still available, and the same?

Anyways, thanks! Smile
replace query is the same as the MySQL "REPLACE" syntax and accepts the same arguments as an insert query (i.e. array('row1' => 'value1', 'row2' => 'value2'))

fetch_size is the actual size in bytes of the table (we use it in the new ACP) free result is the php function mysql_free_result();

_install() will allow you to install things like settings while keeping the actual "effect" of the plugin from running
Ahh, thanks a lot Tikitiki for clarification.

Sounds great!
i think mybb 1.4 release is closing.....Wink
What's closing? The gap from when it is released and now... if so, it's already obvious. You really are good at this whole... explaining thing... aren't you Ryan? Well I have no idea what you said but, keep up the good work!
Pages: 1 2 3