MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Log out error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
when i try and log out i get this error

Quote:Your user ID could not be verified to log you out. This may have been because a malicious Javascript was attempting to log you out automatically. If you intended to logout, please click the Logout button at the top menu.

so i press the button again like it says and the same thing happens how can i fix this
psycho5167 Wrote:when i try and log out i get this error

This issue has been discussed many times before. Please search "malicious Javascript" in this forum and you will find similar threads.

Regards
There's a sticky at the top of the forum....

http://community.mybboard.net/showthread.php?tid=20519
Yes, but that thread is locked without a resolution. Smile

Installed 1.2.8. No probs.

Joined up 10 members manually, and I started 7 threads. Changed the logo to my own image.

Upgraded to 1.2.8 - FTP old files (minus config & settings), then ran the upgrade script.

One member is reporting the infamous login issue:

Quote:Your user ID could not be verified to log you out. This may have been because a malicious Javascript was attempting to log you out automatically. If you intended to logout, please click the Logout button at the top menu.

They never visited the 1.2.8 version.

Admin CP > Templates > Find updated

shows no templates require modifying.

I have no plugins installed, no third-party hacks or software running on MyBB - it's a clean install.

I don't mean to kick up any kind of fuss, but unless the upgrade script didn't complete, then perhaps there is an outstanding issue with this error?
MyBB 1.2.8+ has the added sid to the logout link.

You don't make it clear whether this was a new install or an upgrade as in your above post you use both words. This issue may also occur if you are using a theme designed for a version of MyBB lower than 1.2.8, in which case you will have to add the sid information to the themes template yourself.
The Upgrade script does not apply changes to any custom themes - It will only ever change the 'MyBB Master Theme' which is not displayed to anyone. Why don't we update the other themes? 1) It could break some themes 2) If the code is modified it may not get applied. Therefore we provide a Template Differential tool allowing users to make changes themselves (The human brain is much smarter than a computer brain, obviously)
psycho5167 Wrote:when i try and log out i get this error

so i press the button again like it says and the same thing happens how can i fix this

Look at this post:
http://community.mybboard.net/showthread...#pid164311

and try it !