MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: CAPTCHA image question....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys,

When I first had the forum installed the CAPTCHA image verification appeared just fine and was working well. Now its gone completely and I have to disable it temporary the allow people the register.

I looked at the phpinfo on ACP and it says that GD support is enabled.

Any reason for this issue?
SimpleS14 Wrote:Hi guys,

When I first had the forum installed the CAPTCHA image verification appeared just fine and was working well. Now its gone completely and I have to disable it temporary the allow people the register.

I looked at the phpinfo on ACP and it says that GD support is enabled.

Any reason for this issue?

Well, in similar issues in this forum, TikiTiki suggested the deletion of the
./inc/captcha_fonts dirrectory, and it seemed to work that way with some users. Backup your captcha_fonts dir first and try this solution. I also recommend that you replace your existing ./captcha.php with a fresh copy.
You might also consider a different image verification system adopted by LeX- here:
http://thingiej.be/mybb/member.php?action=register

If so, you will have to consult him regarding this system.

Regards
If you're talking about the "Extra Check", Simple already knows about that plugin! Big Grin
judel Wrote:If you're talking about the "Extra Check", Simple already knows about that plugin! Big Grin

haha that is correct Smile

I deleted the directory and still no luck, don't know where I can get a fresh captcha.php. I guess I will stick with the plugin LeX- created.
You can always download the entire package again and just reupload that one file.