MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Display Name
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi there
i need to say that if there could be a mod of Display name?
means that Display Name should show in replace of registered username..

i just saw this feature in IPB...
Many thanks

CheerS
Isn't it already a feature in MyBB? Can't remember...
khurram Wrote:hi there
i need to say that if there could be a mod of Display name?
means that Display Name should show in replace of registered username..

i just saw this feature in IPB...
Many thanks

CheerS

What do you mean exactly?
Do you mean real name like John Smith?

You could add a required custom field for real name then alter the templates to display real name where username is displayed.
labrocca Wrote:Do you mean real name like John Smith?

You could add a required custom field for real name then alter the templates to display real name where username is displayed.

How do you do that?
search "custom user field" in the forums or wiki
What Khurram means is, on an IPB board, when you sign up, you give a log in name and a display name. On one forum my login name is dudeness, but my display name is dudeness3. Khurram just wants to know if this is possible with MyBB.

that should be work
but i am not much aware with codes etc... it may be complicated for me but i'll try
thnx labrocca

But if will be great if there would be a plugin for Dispaly Name...
Seems like a good addition, and something that would make your boards more professional looking.

Is there a way to do this currently without a plugin?

sorry its realy hard to do that .. i told you am not stronger enough with coding

no answer from developer Sad