MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Problem - Having to Refresh
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi to all

I was hoping someone could help me out.
I've got a MyBB forum in my website which always worked well, and I found very easy to use etc.

My webhost recently moved all their websites over to a new Linux platform, and ever since I have had sporadic issues with my board.
1) The forum index page does not refresh until I do so myself with my browser, in either IE or Firefox. The results of this is that if someone sends me a private message, I keep getting the notification until I hit Refresh in the browser. This is a constant issue
2) When users, or myself make a post, often the text vanishes - yet when I go in to edit the post it magically appears, albeit with som weird characters in there too. This is not happening with every post, but comes and goes
3) Often when a post is made, it does not appear straight away in the forum index, possibly part of the refresh thing.

I think this has probably happened to someone else before - can someone please help as I contacted my webhost and found them to be as useful as a fishnet raincoat!
As an update, I've found that the index page does update or refresh itself, but does so perhaps 10 mins or so after a post goes on there.

Any ideas? (please)
Can you try this?

ACP -> Board Settings -> Change -> Server and Optimization Options -> Send No Cache Headers -> Yes
Hi
Thanks, I've tried that but it is still doing it.
For example, I post something, and it goes on ok (previously it wasnt) and shows in the forum, but when I return to index.php, it isnt there. When I hit cntrl/f5 it appears straight away.

Tikitiki Wrote:Can you try this?

ACP -> Board Settings -> Change -> Server and Optimization Options -> Send No Cache Headers -> Yes
What's the CHMOD on your inc/settings.php?

(also, I have to admit to being a bit of a noob, sorry)
I'm pretty sure it needs to be at minimum 666. Once you've changed it to that please redo that setting
Hi

I think that might actually have fixed it!
It seems to be working now, although I will keep an eye on it.
I've also noticed the index page seems to be loading a lot quicker as well.

Thanks very much, I appreciate it. This has been doing my head in for a few days Big Grin

Tikitiki Wrote:I'm pretty sure it needs to be at minimum 666. Once you've changed it to that please redo that setting