MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Requests for hooks
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Dude you just signed off of IRC. Stop acting rude to me when I'm trying to help you.

I gave you $plugins->run_hooks_by_ref("datahandler_user_validate", $this); which DOES NOT require a HACK of ANY SORT and it works PERFECTLY for your needs. And you still refuse to use it?
Well sorry for acting 'rude' and 'forcing' you to call me dense, while i just made a reasonable request and only hoped for some reasonable answer, which you didn't give.
Simon Moon Wrote:Well sorry for acting 'rude' and 'forcing' you to call me dense, while i just made a reasonable request and only hoped for some reasonable answer, which you didn't give.

I've given you the answer above and at least 20 times in IRC
Yes while completely ignoring the concerns and the arguments. Also the original question of how to request a hook has been completely ignored form the get go, so i don't expect an answer for that either. This discussion is over for me.
lmao. Sure I'll add your useless hook.
lol Tikitiki don't you wish people would listen to the ones who know the script inside and out.
So you want MyBB to add a hook when there is already one there? Right okay noooo problem.
Interesting, dredging up a dead thread, while not adding anything to the topic.

Anyone with some time can know a script inside and out. I have looked at all the parts that make up the registration, then where all those parts are used as well. So although I may not claim knowing the whole script, I would say my knowledge of the registration process is as good as that of the person(s) who write it. Very lame assumption there...

And if you read the title, it says "Requests for hooks", as in "how do you request a hook". The rest of this thread is a mere example of how to not engage people willing to spend a lot of time and effort in improving the experience of other people. I asked for a very legitimate point of a hook, where none exists. There is a work around of course using another hook, but then there is also the work around of just hacking the code myself, which will perform better than that work around.

My perception was that the hook system was created to actually get things done in an efficient way, without hacking the code and thus making upgrading a nightmare. Some people here have shown a more territorial attitude than keeping an open mind to things. I'd like to thank the people who sent me private messages, email and who also talked to me on IRC. Most have been very helpful and kind, so this thread reflects in no matter how this community actually reacts to these things.

But the conduct of mister Tikitiki here is rather a disgrace to this project, in IRC as well as on these forums, considering he has a special title of "Developer". Non-team members, they can say whatever they want, but ones that are branded like that always reflect back on the project.
Tiki tolled you how to make your plugin work with the current system... You will have to wait for Chirs to respond in adding another plug in hook.
Tiki did nothing but show disrespect, outright being rude.

LeX- showed how to make it work with an ugly work around, still works, not questioning that, but again, this is not the point. Credit and kudos to Lex- while Tiki has brought in absolutely nothing to this thread but grief.

My question was what is the general way how to request a hook. So far I have not yet received an answer to this, I would say, relatively simple question.
Pages: 1 2 3