MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Can't log out - using new version
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just did a fresh install yesterday using the new version, 1.2.9, but am having problems logging out. It seems to be the same problem people are having with updating their versions except that this is a new install so everything is up-to-date. I just keep getting the message:

"Your user ID could not be verified to log you out. This may have been because a malicious Javascript was attempting to log you out automatically. If you intended to logout, please click the Logout button at the top menu."

It has both the uid and the sid. Any ideas?
Try clearing cookies/cache.

More info: http://community.mybboard.net/showthread.php?tid=20519
Clearing cookies and cache didn't do anything. Strangly enough though the there is no problem if I use firefox instead of IE.
It's working now. I don't know why but it is.
Did you use a proxy / behind a VPN or have a rotating IP Address like AOL?
I did a fresh install of 1.2.9, and then merged a phpBB2 forum into it. One of my users who uses AOL dial-up has trouble logging out as well, and is getting the error message quoted above. She didn't know how to clear the cookies/cache through AOL, but was able to log out when she tried using IE separately. I'm just wondering what using an ISP like AOL has to do with this?

I also sometimes get that error message, but I use broadband and my IP doesn't change. The error goes away and I'm able to log out after clearing cookies/cache (I use Firefox). This seems tedious to always have to clear cache/cookies just to log out. Is there any way to resolve this on a more permanent basis?
AOL uses a proxy which changes the IP Address which in turn caused the problem in the code. I won't go into it as it's pretty technical & I've explained it before

And there are two ways to fix this
1) Don't log out. There really isn't much of a need usually
2) Wait till 1.2.10 for the fix
OK thanks. I didn't realize there was a fix on the way. Smile