MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Mybb 1.4 database space usage
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I didn't know what forum could suit best this thread, so i posted here. Sorry if it's the wrong place.

I wanted to know how much will cost in terms of database space usage, the improvements you made in the next major release in mybb. You have sure add a lot of features there.
I mean if the actual mybb 1.2 is using 20 Mb of database, how much will it be upgrading it to 1.4? I'm a little concerned of this.

Uhmmm.. sorry for my awful english. I wish i could speak it better -.-
It depends on the volume of posts & content you have on your forums.

1.4 is a significant upgrade, there are numerous new tables and table columns within the database. How much space they take up, depends on if you make use of these new features or not.

The size won't be much bigger than it already is.

1.4 also contains a task scheduling system which helps you keep your forum in top shape by pruning old log entries and performing other tasks in the background.
Usually the decent hosts out there give you huge amounts of space to use for your databases and MyBB will never get near that because the larger your forum gets its just common sense that you'll get bigger and better plans.
Uhm, i use a very unexpensive hosting, it's not bad, and affordable. But it works on progressive database level upgrades of 50Mb. That's why i asked.
Thanks both for your answers, i think i'll just wait then.
Both my current host and my old host, who's packages are under 6$ a month, offer over 300 GB of space and unlimited databases. That's certainly enough for anybody.
The one i use, is italian (aruba dot it). 35$ at year for unlimited space and domain (it doesn't matter what server you choose), plus 13$ for each 50Mb of mysql. I chose it especially for the unlimited space, as our picture gallery weights as much as 2gb.

Ok, is cheap, so sometimes the domain is down, and you have restriction for some scripts, cms, et caetera, as it's not a dedicated server, but it's as much as i can afford now.
$13 per year for each 50mb of sql isn't too bad really. My biggest site is about 200mb.
only 35$ a year? That's like 2.5 bucks a month - Your right that is definately cheap.

Either way, your forum won't be go over 50 MBs unless you have about ~70,000 posts. (It also variates on the amount of content in each post, etc...)
Well, we are not to farToungue
Still, half a year tough.
My MyBB db is 90mb right now, it's a pain to back up ;<
Pages: 1 2 3