MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How do I change theme?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys, how could I change my theme, I already downloaded it to my PC but cant figure out how to put it in my forum, any help, thanks!!
Every theme comes with a readme. First, upload the images to your server and then go to your admin cp: themes: import -> import the xsl file.

After that you'll have to set your theme as default (under the modify/delete options).
Ok thanks!
Two issues need to be stressed here. Some of these themes are not compatible with the latest version of MyBB, and although users can ignore the incompatibility and install them, the outcome is almost always unpredictable. The other thing is that most xml files which come with these themes provide incorrect links to their image files. Therefore users must check that the links are correct before importing those themes, otherwise the theme's images will not be displayed. Let's take the MyBulletin theme, as an example. In the MyBulletin-theme.xml, find:

images/MyBulletin/toplinks_hover.png

The correct link should be:

images/MyBulletin/images/MyBulletin/toplinks_hover.png

Regards