MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Plugins
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey guys, I've just got a forum up and running and tried to add some plug ins off the site but I don't understand how to do it at all, even after reading the readme's it doesn't get me anywhere. Can anyone help?
This should help: [Wiki: Plugins] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)
Hmmm, I read that but it didn't help, what am I uploading to and how do I do that? I just have the forum, it's not attached to a website or anything, does that mean I can't add extra plug ins?
Did you install your forum your self or did you go with one of the free services?
Basically you have to upload the plugin's php file to your /inc/plugins folder. Then you go into the Admin CP and Activate it under 'Manage Plugins'.
I went with one of the free services, does that mean I can't install them?
Usually the free providers do not allow you to upload mods. You will have to ask your MyBB provider.
Well it depends on what you mean by "free service" -- if you mean something like www.createmybb.com (providers which host your forum for you and you have no FTP/database access) then you generally won't be able to add your own plugins. However if you have a "free host" (on which you installed MyBB yourself) then yes you can add your own plugins.
Yeah, I'm on createmybb.com, oh well Sad
chrise84 Wrote:Yeah, I'm on createmybb.com, oh well Sad

You might be able to request some simple plugins to be added on the CreateMyBB support forum. Other than that, we can't help you much.
Pages: 1 2