MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Random MySQL errors (a little off-topic)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I've recently moved over from a shared host to a VPS host. Having limited funds, I've had to set up everything myself, but since I'm really new to all this, I'm not too certain if I set up everything correctly.

I've just been having random MySQL errors every now and then. There doesn't seem to be any sort of noticeable pattern. They typically last for a few seconds, then just go away. They also don't occur too often, but they do certainly occur a lot more often than random errors occurred on my old host.
Here's an example:
Quote:MySQL error: 1135
Can't create a new thread (errno 12); if you are not out of available
memory, you can consult the manual for a possible OS-dependent bug
Query:
Here's another (seems to globally affect things):
Quote:MySQL error: 2019
Can't initialize character set latin1 (path: /usr/share/mysql/charsets/)
Query:

I don't think it's an issue with MyBB, so sorry if this is the wrong place to ask. But since you guys are smart, do you have any idea of what the problem could be?

If it helps, I installed the latest MySQL (on Saturday) through yum, along with the latest PHP stuff (php, php-mysql etc etc), Zend Optimizer and eAccelerator.

Thanks greatly in advance for responses! Smile
These things are definately related to MySQL & possibly PHP itself. It's not bugs, just misconfiguration; I'd suggest googling around or posting on a PHP/MySQL forum where you'll likely get a better and more educated response about how to configure it.
Thanks a lot Tikitiki! Do you have any suggestions as to where I should ask?

Thanks again.