MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Remove registration field
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, I am trying to remove the timezone field from the user registration form. I do not want users to see this at all when they register. Can someone tell me how I would do this?

Thanks
Delete it from the template member_register:

<br />
<fieldset class="trow2">
<legend><strong>{$lang->time_offset}</strong></legend>
<table cellspacing="0" cellpadding="{$theme['tablespace']}">
<tr>
<td colspan="2"><span class="smalltext">{$lang->time_offset_desc}</span></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>{$tzselect}</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td valign="top" colspan="2"><input type="checkbox" class="checkbox" name="enabledst" id="enabledst" value="yes" {$enabledstcheck} />   <span class="smalltext"><label for="enabledst">{$lang->enable_dst}</label></span></td>
</tr>
</table>
</fieldset>

That's all the html associated with the timezone on registration. Test to make sure deletion doesn't give you a problem...you might need to add a hidden variable for an option to be chosen.

btw...why remove it? Members should be able to select TZ on signup.
Thanks for the reply. Can't beleive I did'nt see that template.

My website is for teens, and a few have commented that they got confused about what the timezone setting was for, therefore, to eliminate all confusion, and to avoid losing registrations if they do get confused, I thought it would be best to remove it from registration, and let them change it in their options instead.