MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Change the way to upload attachments
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys,

not sure if it's right place, I'm wondered if it's possible to change the way to upload the attachments, say if you got 25 pictures you want to upload as attachment with thumbnail but it would take a while to click browse button then select a picture then click Add Attachment button.

I'm thinking of highlight the whole 25 pictures then upload all of them in 1 go. is it possible? some sort batch?

what do you think?

Many Thanks Smile

Wesley
Unfortunately, I don't think browsers support uploading more than one file per "file upload" box.
There's really only two methods I can think of which would work:
1) Use Javascript to dynamically put more "file upload" boxes - this will save you from having to click Add Attachment every time (preferred method)
2) Make the user ZIP the pictures, then get the server to unzip and add them all - sounds easier but not exactly "clean"
thanks for the reply

How can get my server to upzip the zip file and add them all as attachment?

is it very complicated?

thanks again Smile
^ I think you'll have to find a ZIP handling library or something similar, then write a script around it.

Easy? Well, depends on how reliable you want the script to be. As I said, it's not "clean" meaning that implementing something can be kinda dodgey... Hope you understand what I mean there.
There is a class called "Archive_ZIP", I've used it before and it works well.