MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Cannot log out after installing plug in
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have installed few plug ins and all plug inn were activated fine but later I find cannot log out and get the following message.

Your user ID could not be verified to log you out. This may have been because a malicious Javascript was attempting to log you out automatically. If you intended to logout, please click the Logout button at the top menu.

I deactivated some plug inns and tried again but cannot log out again. I am only guessing I think the problem may have something to do with the plug in of Zaheer Easy Adv. Banner 3.0 because that plug inn displays 3 times the single banner on the header and I could not fixed and then later I removed the plug inn I am not sure this is happening due to this plug inn, I have read other threads but they mostly relate to upgrade relating and I installed new 1.29 and it was working fine for 02 months and now it suddenly has the problem.

I am not a technical guru so kindly can some one help with easy to understand step by step process.

I will really appreciate it.
I'm sure your problem has nothing to do with plugins. Have you checked this: http://community.mybboard.net/showthread.php?tid=20519
Yeah I read that but seems a little confusing and no steps to know where to change the code can you kindly help, really appreciate it. if it has nothing to do with plug inn would be great if I can fix it with steps.
Yes, I think also that it's not a plugin problem...

Edit your following templates and look if they are correct.
Your logout code should be:

In header_welcomeblock_member:
<a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/member.php?action=logout&uid={$mybb->user['uid']}&sid={$session->sid}">{$lang->welcome_logout}</a><br />

In index_logoutlink:
<a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/member.php?action=logout&uid={$mybb->user['uid']}&sid={$session->sid}">{$lang->index_logout}</a> |

In changeuserbox:
<a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/member.php?action=logout&uid={$mybb->user['uid']}&sid={$session->sid}">{$lang->change_user}</a>

The parameter &sid={$session->sid} should be present !!!

I hope this helps you.
spyto, you are awesome, I got it fixed thank you so much for helping.
Prism Wrote:spyto, you are awesome, I got it fixed thank you so much for helping.

I checked for those things, had to replace some, but it still is the same problem. Also this line says "LOGOUT IN THE TOP BAR", well, i have only one Logout, I can´t use an other Logout Link. At least not that I see another.

My installation of MyBB is a fresh one, no Update. In case that matters. Could anyone help me ?
WarBirD Wrote:
Prism Wrote:spyto, you are awesome, I got it fixed thank you so much for helping.

I checked for those things, had to replace some, but it still is the same problem. Also this line says "LOGOUT IN THE TOP BAR", well, i have only one Logout, I can´t use an other Logout Link. At least not that I see another.

My installation of MyBB is a fresh one, no Update. In case that matters. Could anyone help me ?

Ok, i correct that, there was a LOGOUT link on the bottom, that one worked, but it would be less complicated to find if the Toplink right next to (USER CP-) etc. would work. What could I have done wrong ?
WarBirD Wrote:Ok, i correct that, there was a LOGOUT link on the bottom, that one worked, but it would be less complicated to find if the Toplink right next to (USER CP-) etc. would work. What could I have done wrong ?
As spyto said..
In header_welcomeblock_member
<a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/member.php?action=logout&uid={$mybb->user['uid']}&sid={$session->sid}">{$lang->welcome_logout}</a><br />

And sometimes if your IP address has changed since you logged in it will give that error message too. This is fixed for the next release I believe.
I tried that, and my IP hasn´t changed, and still i get this Problem. Weird. What else can be wrong ?
May I have a link to your forum with this problem?

Link given in PM.
Problem lay within a plugin which did not contain the sid in the logout link.
Pages: 1 2