MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: get css of default theme !!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

In last hours i have checked my server process , and see this
http://charshakh.com/css.php?theme

(Top Process %CPU 2.1 httpd [charshakh.com] [/css.php?theme19])
with this url any body can get css of any forum !
why ?
CSS is the style information of a home page. Each Browser which accesses a homepage needs the CSS to show the homepage (forum) acording to the given style information (defined in css). Without the css information a homepage would be shown without any format instructions (except the ones which are embedded directly in the html code).

See the attached picture, to see how this page would look like without the css!

cu, guido
but any body can copy our theme with these detail !
So? CSS has always been like that, that's how it works. Moving to Chit-Chat.
charshakh Wrote:but any body can copy our theme with these detail !

... you could do this with every homepage!

If you do not like this ... create an program for your internet server, that creates pictures for every page of your internet site ;-)

cu, guido

Think of it this way, if it was such a big deal than why don't Yahoo hide theirs? In-fact just view the source code of Yahoo and you can see the css.

I guess you could protect is using an HTACCESS function or something. But it's not worth it for a simple CSS file. There's tons of ways to bypass it.
Bypass .htaccess? I think not.

If you did .htaccess protect your CSS, you would then be forcing your users to login to access the CSS data for your forum.
so , i think it's a bug !
cause any body from any where can copy our theme and use it !
(save images and replace this css in admin panel !)
so any body can copy our theme !
Big Grin !
It's not a bug, if you want to complain to someone about it, complain to the W3C as they implement the standards for HTML and CSS.