MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Email activation issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My forum is set to activate new users via email. To test I created a new user and got the message saying to be able to login it was required to activate the account with an email sent to the registered email address.... but... after that message I got redirected to the forum index already loged in with that new user! I loged out, then loged in... no problem found... i was able to login WITHOUT activating the account with the email.

I went to admin cp, to double-check the settings were set to 'Activate via email'... and yeah, that was selected.

Any idea?

P.D. BTW, i checked my email later, there was the email from mybb to activate the account.... but well as you can see it's already activated...
You can login and everything of course, it just acts as if you were banned till your activated. (You can't post, create new threads, etc)
Users who are awaiting activation have the permissions which are set in the "Awaiting Activation" usergroup. You can change these permissions in Admin CP --> Users & Groups --> Manage Groups --> Awaiting Activation. As Tikitiki mentioned, by default these users can login, but not post.