MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How secure is MyBB ???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
you can not take the mybb copyrights out of the footer But you can stop the verion number from showing in the acp

if you want to take out the mybb copyrights you can pay a one of small fee and its your to take away

pm Chris Boulton or an other mybb team member if you want to know more about this

mybb has a back up function in the acp so you can make Backups so you can add the backup with phpadmin if anything did happen but i don't think it would then you can tell us here what happen and some will fix it right away.

WarBirD Wrote:
ZiNga BuRgA Wrote:One other thing to consider is that MyBB is relatively unknown or less used, compared to other systems such as SMF and phpBB, so, by nature, it's going to be targeted less and thus, more secure Toungue

But still, by itself, MyBB is very secure.

Would it then not be a even better Idea to remove the name of the Forum Software, from the footer entirely. Without people actually getting a name, they even more don´t know what to target, in case they search for a way to hack something or find a way to hack a forum.

I can understand that the Copyright and all that is important for the Showing who made it, and its not that this isnt deserved, but like the Forum Version number not visible, it would make sense to be able to disable all Indications of its origin. Its a drastic step but tbh, I think that would save a lot more possible attackers. But thats just my 2 cent. Wink So don´t bother.
My intention was not to remove a well deserved Copyright without asking or what it takes to be allowed to do that, my concern was that as long as it is possible to see in a Site / Forum, it will give people already a tip what to look and try for to find something vulnerable.

I mean it could, thats all. But thx for the Info. Wink
What I am really impessed about here is the help from the Community.
Thx. Wink
You could replace it with an image. I believe there is a tutorial (under recourses) on the MyBB Mods site on how to do that.
Tikitiki Wrote:You could replace it with an image. I believe there is a tutorial (under recourses) on the MyBB Mods site on how to do that.

That I already did, thx. Wink
Pages: 1 2