MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Would changing the date of a post cause an error?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
On my website, I used to use CuteNews. Then, I switched to MyBB after finding a plugin to post the news on the forum to my website.

Now, I want to import my old CuteNews posts to MyBB, which I have been doing manually. Would going into phpMyAdmin, and editing the post date to the date is was orginally posted cause any errors (like another field is linked to it, and will act up if it doesn't match), or is doing that okay?
I was just reading something which had Soshite in it, decided to look it up, it means "and" in Japanese; first thing I see when I come back here is something posted by you... freaky Toungue

In answer to your question, probably not providing the datestamp was the same in both the posts and threads table. I'm not sure how it might affect the threadsread table though.
Hmm...I'll probably have to make a backup. I accidentally "nuked" MyBB while trying to mass-move forums in phpMyAdmin (since 1.2 doesn't allow for mass-moving in the AdminCP, and the going back to the root page thing annoys me).

Thankfully, I had a backup, so it wasn't a big problem.

And that's kinda funny. I have a more recent username handle that I use, but this forum doesn't allow for custom names, IIRC. Do you know if you guys allow a username change request (obviously, I wouldn't want this done more than once --- just this time to update it)?
Well I don't think anything would "break" if you changed the dateline. Just do a recount and rebuild afterwards.
just make sure you use the right format for the dates.
Yeah, something like this would help you:
http://www.4webhelp.net/us/timestamp.php
Thanks for the help / link. Smile