MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Placement of smilies
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sorry if this topic has alreay been discused - I tried searching but just couldn't find anything on it.

I have a little question. It's not actually a problem, just a pet peeve or how would you call it. Smile The case is: on the "New Topic" or "Reply" page there is a clickable smilie list. Clicking on a smile puts the smilie code exactly into the place where the cursor is. It's not overly convenient since lots of users start clicking smilies immediately after finishing a sentence, therefore the smilie is put right after the stop or even right after the last letter of the word (if a user has a weird concept of punctiation which I've seen) and no space between the text and the smilie is provided. It looks like this:
Quote:Text.Smile

The question: what piece of code and where should I adjust to provide the needed space automatically upon clicking on the smile (the way it is done on other forums)? I mean, how do I make the smilie code start with a space? So it looked like this without a user needing to press the spacebar on the keyboard (since that's too big of a trouble for some of them Smile):
Quote:Text. Smile

I sooo hate smilies and punctuation marks used without spaces... Smile