MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: how do i make it so that it opens like this
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Lets say this is my homepage
http://i24.tinypic.com/6o1udt.jpg

How do I make it so that when I click my forum link, it will open here
http://i23.tinypic.com/sdn2hc.jpg

btw i am using wordpress
you could use some iframe as the easiest way but its not the best way possible.

the better way would be to modify your mybb templates to make your forum have all the site layout.
that is the best way but i dont know how to make a template or w.e

also, when i think about it, that is the only way it will look good, lol

so can u help me make one?
i'm not really a template person but i'm sure someone here could help.
oo....so anyone willing to help me?
Post in the template section Smile

You are much more likely to get someone to help you

BP
Where is the template section? lol
Themes Section

OK, another way to do this is with iframes and javascript, this will also be easier then having a template made for you, which will take a while.

First of all, get a MyBB theme at MyBB Mods that suits your colour scheme.

Then, remove the header logo, and if you wish, the login box and toplinks (if you remove the latter, it may get more complex).

Then create an iframe on your forums page (with your forum as source, also give it a unique id). Without the header, and with the right theme, and if you use border:none, the forums will look like part of your site. If you removed the toplinks from your forum template (Member List, Search, etc), include them on your site template, and when you click on the use the JavaScript function getElementById to change the source of the iframe when they are clicked.

If you removed the login box, follow the integration tutorial to put it on your website, and use Javascript, to have it process through the iframe.

BP
What, specifically and exactly, are you trying to do? Have a forums index page with right and left side columns?

Or move the header into the center portion?

I've looked at both images, but am not sure what it is that you are wanting to accomplish.
design an empty frame in the place you want to show your forum in it. so make the link target="frame name" (link that going to your forum)

thats the way it can be
Pages: 1 2