MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: RPG Inventory Shop 1.1.0 Gamma 1 Released!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
No..I don't think that. I thought the opposite that you were worried about what changes I would make. I don't want to fork your work nor do I want to write a new shop that's myps compatible. I realize you don't want to force people to download another plugin but sometimes that's needed.

I know the VB and phpbb shop/money plugins are mainly seperated and they integrate simply by having the shop define the money table for the users. I looked over your code it's incredible clean. To make it myps compatible it only requires changing of all Money instances to myps and remove the insertion of your money system and admincp parts. If anything it cleans up the code even more.

If every points compatible plugin created their own points system it would be a waste of time.

Quote:I do this so that if people just want my plugin, then they need nothing additional,
I released myps GNU/GPL and it's downloadable on the official mods site. You are free to add it to your download, to redistribute it, or to modify it for improvements.

Anyways..thank for replying and consideration.
I realize how little changes it would make but I like to log virtually EVERYTHING. Toungue

Trust me on this one, I will do it, I will integrate your plugin with mine and figure out a way to do it, it'll just take planning. Smile

But trust me, I will do it. Smile
Alright thanks and any questions you have about myps or my plans for it just ask. If you feel I can add something to help the integration with your plugin (hooks or functions) let me know. I really just want a great functioning shop for myps. It's the most requested add on.
Just as an FYI, I just downloaded MYPS, and a compatible version is planned for Gamma 2. Smile

I also plan a few more code changes to the class to clean up the code more. Smile

Also, if anyone finds a bug, let me know so I can get it fixed A.S.A.P.

I plan this to be released in the next few weeks. Smile
As a small update.

I have begun development on Gamma 2, which is a basic code cleanup / maintenance release.

I have also begun the Inventory Shop / MYPS integration and I'll explain a little bit about how the integration will work.

All you'll need to do, is simply select the which to use in the Inventory Shop Settings.

All you'll need to do is choose either MyPS or Built-In System and the Inventory Shop Plugin will automatically switch to whichever system you would like to use.

If you choose to use the MYPS then all information displayed in regards to money (in posts, User CP, Shop Pages, etc.) will be changed to show your current MYPS information, and all Money Updates for Posting, Registering, etc. will be deactivated, to save in SQL usage for useless queries that you don't even use.

Again, this is just a small description of how integration will be done, a full description will be made when I finish it.

I've got integration about 50% complete so far, I have a bunch of kinks to work out in order to get it to work the way I want it to work, so I want everyone to please be patient and you'll soon have your Shop Plugin for MYPS. Wink
Not bad...I look forward to checking it out.
Also, this integration will be included in Gamma 2.

Also, if anyone has found ANY bugs, please report them as soon as possible so I can fix them in this release.

Thanks. Smile
Pages: 1 2