MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: A couple of questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi

I've done a fresh install of RC3.

New users can't log in. After logging in, the forum shows a message saying that you're now logged in, but when you're taken back to the front page, you're still not logged in. What have I done wrong?

Is there an easy way to backup the mysql database, like in PHPBB?

When several users are from the same IP address, only one is in the "who's online" list. Is this normal?

Regards

Bo

Could have to do with the cookies. You can set the cookiepath & cookiedomain in admin cp --> settings --> general configuration.

about the IP address, this is normal yes Smile.
Kryptonate Wrote:Could have to do with the cookies. You can set the cookiepath & cookiedomain in admin cp --> settings --> general configuration.

Could you give me an example of what these fields should contain.
it should be:
Domain: .yourdomain.com
Path: /forum
You can leave "Path:" as just a trailing slash if you wish ("/").
The settings should look something like what beesbees posted. If however, you provide us with the full URL to your forums, we can tell you exactly what your settings should be. Wink
i have a similar problem
i can login but i cant logout
i click logout and it says u have beem successfully logged out and then i am still logged in

my forum url : http://leejeffery.killercarrot.co.uk/forum/index.php

EDIT : this only happens with admin as i made a test user and it worked fine Confused
I get a few problems with me being logged in, and in another window shown as logged out. Yes - I refreshed the page - 5 times - and when I click Login it shows me as logged in...

I am confused about this...
Just noticed I also have a problem with loggin out, when I'm already logged in. Weird

Regards

Bojo
If you change your cookie settings then you will have to actually clear your cookies, otherwise you will be trapped in the system.

leejeffery, your cookie settings should be:

Domain: leejeffery.killercarrot.co.uk
Path: /forum/
Pages: 1 2