MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to use A:LINK in the CSS ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I made myself a new class for my site, for one Section. Now, how do I specify that I want to use the same color for all Links.

Basically its supposed to look like this.

}
.urtlinks {
       padding:8px;
       margin: auto auto;
       border: 0px solid #ffffff;
       color: #ffffff;
       A:link: {color: white };
       A:visited { color: white };        
       A:active { color: white };       
       font-size: 12px;
       font-weight: bold;
}

Problem is, i am not that good in CSS and for the theme mostly I can just enter the values in the fields, but when I want to add a new Class, I dont see where to make that it becomes also one of those Class Boxes in the Administration. So I have to put it in the Additional CSS box, and then I have to know the syntax better. Wink

In this thing above i want the Links in this Part all white, no matter if they are not clicked, clicked or already in use. The standard color for Links in this theme is kinda orange, and when I use the CSS code like above, the links just disappear and only come back visible when i hover above them, and then they become orange. I am sure i did some stupid mistake, n00b, yes I know. But please tell me how it would work right.

Thank you.
Problem is you dont define A inside the class, you'll want to put the class name, then a space, then define A as if it were a class as well.

Or... if that makes no sense, try this =P

.urtlinks {
       padding:8px;
       margin: auto auto;
       border: 0px solid #ffffff;
       color: #ffffff;       
       font-size: 12px;
       font-weight: bold;
}

.urtlinks a:link,
.urtlinks a:active,
.urtlinks a:visited{