MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Xfire name in profile
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
There might already be a mod out there for this, but I didn't see it when searching the forums. A lot of the guys in my clan want to add their Xfire name to their userCP so people can view their Xfire status incase they need to contact the person if he/she isn't in TeamSpeak. Are these universal..meaning..if there is 1/if someone makes 1, will be in be compatible with other mybb themes other than the default? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Shemo
anything?
Lex,
are you able to do anything with this..I see you reply back to a lot of requests in here.
Just add a new Custom Profile Field ?
How do I set it so it shows up under additional contact information?
You can't do that with a custom field, they always show up under 'Additional Information'.
You can add your own html in the template that makes it appear under Additional Contact Information; so it will show a xFire box where members can fill in their name; and with a plugin you can update the field whenever a member edits his/her profile.

Edit:

Try this;

Install:
Upload xfire.php into your ./inc/plugins/ folder
Go to your PluginManager and Activate the "xFire Name In UserCP Options" Plugin.

What?:
* Add a new box when you press "Edit Profile" in your UserCP. When pressing "Update Profile", the xFire name gets updated ...
* In the MemberProfile there's a new row added under "<username>'s Contact Details", if the user has filled in a xFire name, it will be displayed.
* xFire name is displayed in the postbit if the user has filled one in.
works great...you should release this as a mod....a lot of clans like having their xfire name viewable...

Thanks pal