MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Visual Basic
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Yo,

Im back for a short period but just to tell you lot i'm currently working on coding and first off its the easy Vb. Made my own gecko engine browser Toungue and hopefully I'm working on a project for mybb which will use the search and RSS systems on the site to obtain data and news on MyBB. Hopefully I will include themeing on to it Toungue. Ill keep you lot updated on this project Smile But boy is it nice to be back from my 3 week of extremeness

Jag
Take your time and Keep it up Jag100.Big Grin
I look forward to seeing it when you complete it. Big Grin
Sounds very interesting. Looking forward to it.
Basic, not a language I have ever worked with, I'm more a C++ kind of guy.
Yes, I know Visual Basic, and it is very limited. You can make browsers eqivalent to IE5 in VB, but using C++, C# or J#, you can get tabbed browsing etc.

And amazingly, you can even make a web browser in HTML and Javascript :O

However, for RSS engines or whatever, you can do that in VB, I have worked on one for vBulletin, and it is certainly possible,

Good luck with it,

BP
VB Requires the .NET framework though. It's also slower runtime code
Yes, it has very slow runtime code, which is why I hate it and only use it for fun applications that have no real purpose,

BP
Tikitiki Wrote:VB Requires the .NET framework though. It's also slower runtime code
blueparukia Wrote:Yes, it has very slow runtime code, which is why I hate it and only use it for fun applications that have no real purpose,

BP
Iv noticed that too so I was thinking of doing it in C++ or something not really sure yet
blueparukia Wrote:Yes, I know Visual Basic, and it is very limited. You can make browsers eqivalent to IE5 in VB, but using C++, C# or J#, you can get tabbed browsing etc.

And amazingly, you can even make a web browser in HTML and Javascript :O

However, for RSS engines or whatever, you can do that in VB, I have worked on one for vBulletin, and it is certainly possible,

Good luck with it,

BP

You seem wrong as you can use COM components for the gecko engine and also you can get tabbed browsing aswell
Yes, but its a lot more fiddly then doing it in say......C#.

Though I do know C# a lot better then VB, so I am biased Toungue

BP
Pages: 1 2