MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: A few questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey, Im looking for a new forum script and so far this is my first choice. I just need to know a few things.
Could anyone please tell me..

1) Is this forum secure from spammers/hackers?, does it get spammed often? I have used various forum scripts in the past that egt way too much spam, such as phpbb and punbb. Honestly is this forum more secure then them or not?

2) Is there a working Punbb to Mybb convertor? I found a thread about it but when I followed the link to the mods section it was a 404. Does this still exist and/or work?

3) Can the redirect after posting/logging in and stuff be disabled?

Thats all,
Thanks,
Chris
drinkingsouls Wrote:1) Is this forum secure from spammers/hackers?, does it get spammed often? I have used various forum scripts in the past that egt way too much spam, such as phpbb and punbb. Honestly is this forum more secure then them or not?
We have a CAPTCHA script that (I think) works quite well; my forum hasn't received any spam at all. There is also a Akismet plugin which will add a second layer of protection from spammers.

drinkingsouls Wrote:2) Is there a working Punbb to Mybb convertor? I found a thread about it but when I followed the link to the mods section it was a 404. Does this still exist and/or work?
The official MyBB Merge System is currently in beta, for which there is a PunBB converter. You can request to test the MyBB Merge System in this thread. There is also an unofficial PunBB to MyBB converter found here.

drinkingsouls Wrote:3) Can the redirect after posting/logging in and stuff be disabled?
It can be disabled globally in the Admin Control Panel or on a per-user basis in the User Control Panel.

Edit: Also, I believe this should go in the Suggestions and Feedback forum - I've moved it for you.