MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Registration approved lists
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I wonder if anyone can help me. I'm starting a forum for trainee doctors and want it to be quite private in content. I've already set up the forums so only registered users can view topics and forum content.

I want to make registration as easy and smooth as possible so would like people to have instant or email activation rather than having to wait for admin to approve. I have a list of emails of everyone who is eligible to join the site, is there any way I can set MyBB to automatically approve people registering with those emails and block registration from anyone not on my list? Many thanks if anyone can make suggestions.
Not without a plugin or code modification unfortunately. You might want to request/suggest this in the appropriate forum. Smile
Try this;

Install:

Upload alor.php into your ./inc/plugins/ folder.
Go to your PluginManager and Activate the Plugin.
Go to your SettingsPage; and look for the "Approved Email List On Registration" group; Fill in all the emails seperated by comma.
Yea! That's fantastic, just what I was looking for. Many thanks, I'll give it a whirl and feedback once things are up and running.
That's actually a nice idea, moved to code modifications.
I have to say I may use this for one of my sites that are going to be e-mail invite only.