MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Going to move to a new server, what should I do?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Should I change the domain info in the AdminCP, or once the files + database are moved, edit it manually in phpMyAdmin?

I couldn't find anything in the Wiki about this, hence why I posted this post.
After your done importing the database and transferring all the files... First thing you should do is edit the conf.php file in the inc/ folder. You will have to change the info to your new MySQL user name, password and database name.

After all is complete, then yes you just have to change your board URL.

If you are uncomfortable editing your conf.php file I have made this tool to do it for you. You will still need to know the new information.
Ooh, nice. That's awsome. Smile
Hey no problem at all!
that link mot work
Sorry. My DNS is still re-propagating... I don't have a copy of the files on this computer. Please PM me your e-mail address and I will e-mail it to you as soon as it comes back up.
Sorry for bumping and double posting Toungue but my site is back up and the script is available here.
Hey I'm just wondering how easy it is.

Do I just download all the files off of the FTP and re-upload it all? Or should I install MyBB 1.2.10 fresh? I'm currently using 1.2.6 with the 1.2.9 security patch.