MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Group Moderators
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi there,

Is there a way to make an entire group a moderator? Like I have created a "Forum Moderation Team" group and how can I make them a moderator of say test forum 1?

And another question,

I have made a forum where only Senior Management can post announcements, no one else can post but they can still read. However normal admins and senior moderators can still moderate his post? How do I stop this from happening?

Thanks
Not without a modification. Forum Specific Moderators are handled on a per-user basis.
Can you please point me to that modification if it exists?

Thanks
Doesn't exist as far as I know.
What about this question

"I have made a forum where only Senior Management can post announcements, no one else can post but they can still read. However normal admins and senior moderators can still moderate his post? How do I stop this from happening?"

Thanks
You have to edit the specific permissions for those groups in the Forums Permissions Manager.

Admin CP -> Forum Management -> Permissions

Find the forum you want to change and the group you want to change and click "Set Permissions"

On that page you will click the "Use Custom Settings" option and then set "Can Post Threads" and "Can Post Replies" (if you wish to deny posting in threads) to no.
lordtopcat Wrote:Is there a way to make an entire group a moderator? Like I have created a "Forum Moderation Team" group and how can I make them a moderator of say test forum 1?
There is no mod for that but you may only be able to make an entire group moderators by running a query in your phpmyadmin. First browse the mybb_usergroups table and write down the gid (group id) of the group you want to change into moderators, and also the gid of the moderators. Then run this query:

UPDATE `mybb_users` SET `usergroup` = 'x' WHERE `usergroup` ='z';

Replace the "x" in the above code with the moderators' gid and the "z" with gid of the group you want to change.

Now, the whole group will become moderators, but to make them be moderators of a specific forum needs to be worked out; but I believe it is possible. I'll think about it for you.

Regards
Ryan Ashbrook Wrote:You have to edit the specific permissions for those groups in the Forums Permissions Manager.

Admin CP -> Forum Management -> Permissions

Find the forum you want to change and the group you want to change and click "Set Permissions"

On that page you will click the "Use Custom Settings" option and then set "Can Post Threads" and "Can Post Replies" (if you wish to deny posting in threads) to no.
Yep done that, what I want to do is make it so admins can't edit posts in just this one forum.
Re:
lordtopcat Wrote:However normal admins and senior moderators can still moderate his post? How do I stop this from happening?
maatty Wrote:Now, the whole group will become moderators, but to make them be moderators of a specific forum needs to be worked out; but I believe it is possible. I'll think about it for you.
Thank you kindly :-)
Musicalmidget once upon a time had a modification to do "usergroup as moderator" but I don't think it has been updated for 1.2.x.
lordtopcat Wrote:What about this question

"I have made a forum where only Senior Management can post announcements, no one else can post but they can still read. However normal admins and senior moderators can still moderate his post? How do I stop this from happening?"

Thanks

Perhaps this mod can be the answer to your question:

Restrict Mod Editing

But I'm not sure. I'm still thinking of your first question.

Regards
Pages: 1 2