MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Bad Words
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is it possible to make the bad word filter work even if the word doesn't match exactly.

I just banned the C word but if I add 's' to the end of it, it gets through, there are a lot of bad words and I honestly don't want to go through the filter and add s to the end of them ...

People could also sneak words through by adding a letter to the front, the offending word would still be there.
Not really as you would block legiment words as well.

The easiest way to add the filter list is via the bad word list labrocca done up you can edit the actual php file to add more words the upload an run it this will be quicker than adding them via the forum ACP.

You can do a google search for extras words if you are stuck but this is why every forum needs moderators and admins to quickly pickup and fix problems.

Fishntassie...
This is a problem that affects every bulletin board system. Unfortunately there is no way of stopping it because people will just find other ways to spell bad words (f*ck, 4uck, fu<k etc).