MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: message counter errors
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
MrDoom Wrote:Ah, so you don't actually know. Can you remember what version number it used to say in the ACP before you started on this today?

Is there anyway you could contact this person and find out if it was upgraded?
Before I did today's fresh install it was 1.2.9. I originally installed the same version in late August so I doubt that the wizard would have been run.

I have no way of contacting the temp admin. She has left the area without leaving a contact.
Right, this isn't technically a fresh install as all you did was ensure that all the files you are using are the MyBB 1.2.9 version.

What plugins do you have installed?
After you asked, I deactivated the 2 plugins that had ben active (new Page by "Nick" and Rules by Chris Bouton)

That did not change anything.

FWIW, I also just clicked on each of the 3 Database Tools and they each return An Access Denied, you do not have permission, etc. - even though i am the first admin and I installed the Db.
jerseyjoe Wrote:After you asked, I deactivated the 2 plugins that had ben active (new Page by "Nick" and Rules by Chris Bouton)

That did not change anything.

FWIW, I also just clicked on each of the 3 Database Tools and they each return An Access Denied, you do not have permission, etc. - even though i am the first admin and I installed the Db.

WAIT!

I also went through the Recount settings for every item. Suddenly, the message counts are now showing.

I'll check out the other issues too. Maybe they've also been fixed.
still unable to log out. error msg suggest there may be a Javascript causing the problem - but I've tried logging in and out on two different computers, eash running different versions of MS/IE and FF. No change.

Right now I must leave for a few hours. I will pick this up again when I return in perhaps 5 / 6 hours.

So meanwhile, on the chance that you want to look, I will PM you the codes.

Thanks again for the help so far. Getting the counter working is a morale booster and whatever you had me do fixed that.

Until later . . .
I fixed the logout issue for you, your theme was missing the sid on the logout link.
MrDoom Wrote:I fixed the logout issue for you, your theme was missing the sid on the logout link.
Thank you very much. I just got home and found your plesant surprise.

I would have been home sooner but I went into Manhattan (it's directly across the river from me here in Jersey City - home of the Statue of Liberty) to see a movie. When I came out at 7pm it was 82 degrees F and the streets were jammed it people. I just had to take advantage of the unseasonable weather. They say we'll be getting normal Fall temps in twoi days.

Again, thanks for your help. It is greatly appreciated.
Pages: 1 2