MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Guests seeing code in header
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
If someone is not registered and logged in, they are supposed to see a line that says, "Welcome Guest" etc.

But mine are seeing:
Quote:Welcome back, %1$s. You last visited: %2$s
Private Messages (New %1$s, Unread %2$s, Total %3$s)
Does anyone know how to fix?

TIA
You have a theme which relies on conditionals which as far as I am aware got broken after around MyBB 1.2.8 time. They are not a core feature of MyBB so you may want to have a poke around the code modifications forum, I believe there are some posts on this issue.
MrDoom Wrote:You have a theme which relies on conditionals which as far as I am aware got broken after around MyBB 1.2.8 time. They are not a core feature of MyBB so you may want to have a poke around the code modifications forum, I believe there are some posts on this issue.
So I guess if we return to the default theme, that should clear up, right?

And then we can find a theme that has been verified for 1.2.9.

I'll go try that.

Thanks again for the help.
Using the default theme solved that problem. Thanks again for the help.

The next issue is to find a theme that is 800 by 600 friendly (meaning, it does not require the left to right scroll.)

It think it is counter-productive and even a bit arrogant, to assume that all users have new monitors. Even if only 5% of users have older monitors, I am not willing to drive them away just to be hi-resolution kew-el

I know just enough php and css to try modifying a theme to behave itself for all viewers. But before I start pulling wires and disconnecting plumbing, is that do-able, or are MyBB theme structures too complicated?
You can easily change the page width in the Theme Manager. It's one of the first things at the top.
They are relatively simple, the CSS data is stored in the "Theme" section while the XHTML data is stored in the "Template" section. If you want to know which template to edit, right click and select "View Source" and you will see things like "<!-- start: header -->" and "<!-- end: header -->"; anything between those two sections would be in the header template (or one of its nesting templates). Essentially, the name after start or end is the name of the template the code is in.
jerseyjoe Wrote:Using the default theme solved that problem. Thanks again for the help.

The next issue is to find a theme that is 800 by 600 friendly (meaning, it does not require the left to right scroll.)

It think it is counter-productive and even a bit arrogant, to assume that all users have new monitors. Even if only 5% of users have older monitors, I am not willing to drive them away just to be hi-resolution kew-el

I know just enough php and css to try modifying a theme to behave itself for all viewers. But before I start pulling wires and disconnecting plumbing, is that do-able, or are MyBB theme structures too complicated?

The default MyBB theme will not scroll horizontally in 800x600 unless you've got huge images in posts or long one worded subjects.

Chris
DrPoodle Wrote:You can easily change the page width in the Theme Manager. It's one of the first things at the top.
Thanks for the reply. I need a bit more help.

I'm in Theme Manager. I have used the links at the top to import a theme that I had downloaded from the MyBB list of themes. BusinessBlue is offered as having been updated in August (which I undesrtand would be after 1.2.9 was released ANDE it is listed as 1.2.x compatible.

First problem, on trying to install, I'm told it is NOT updated for 1.2.9

So that raises the question, which themes are actually 1.2.9 compatible? Is there any way to find out for sure if a theme is truly 1.2.9 compatible, other than going through the download, import and an attempted installation?
Chris Boulton Wrote:The default MyBB theme will not scroll horizontally in 800x600 unless you've got huge images in posts or long one worded subjects.

Chris
and that is greatly respected and appreciated.
Try using 'Ignore version', forcing the installation of the theme. If the auther said it is 1.2.9 compatible then ignore that warning.

Also, try not to double post. There is a button called 'EDIT'.
Pages: 1 2