MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: capcha trouble.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
when people are registering they cannot see the captcha image. when i click on veiw image ... it says

Warning: phpinfo() has been disabled for security reasons in /home/sihara/public_html/Upload/captcha.php on line 329

if there is no other way...... then how to disable it.
phpinfo() isn't a security threat. Your host should be contacted and asked to have it turned back on.
cant i disable captcha for that period?
You may disable the built in MyBB Captcha support under "General Configuration", in the settings area of the Admin CP.

Regards,
Chris
i am noob please can you tell exactly where. sorry ...
adikai Wrote:i am noob please can you tell exactly where. sorry ...

Go to your Admin Cp -> press Change (under Board Settings) -> press General Configuration and set CAPTCHA Images for Registration & Posting to OFF then submit changes.
maatty Wrote:
adikai Wrote:i am noob please can you tell exactly where. sorry ...

Go to your Admin Cp -> press Change (under Board Settings) -> press General Configuration and set CAPTCHA Images for Registration & Posting to OFF then submit changes.

I have a somewhat different problem. Since upgrading our server to Apache 2.2.6, I cannot make the CAPTCHA image appear. It is turned on under the General Configuration.

Any thoughts about a solution?
Never mind about the above. I found the reference to installing GD, and recompiled Apache 2.2.6 with the proper PHP module.

We're good to go.

What a learning experience, I suppose Big Grin