MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: IRC Channel Support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Honestly, I am not a fan or IRC chat, probally just because I'm not fermiliar with it. But all the other methods I've seen(AJAX chat, live chat[usually javascript, or other script for instant updating, sending, etc.). I found that I needed to first install ChatZilla for FireFox, so I did so I could join the MyBB IRC Channel...But, when I joined there, my nickname kept getting changed to a guest one - rather than my default(t0m<--my username here, odviously.....), WHy???? Can someone please tell me how to fix this and give me some pointers?? It's much appreciated!!!
Probably cause that 'nickname' is used by another irc-user.
The network has a NickServ, if that nick is registered and not authed within a certain amount of time it will force change it. Just choose another nickname.
Also... please post in the correct section next time... this is support for MyBB not the IRC Support channel. The correct forum would be Forum & Website...

Also, you can download: http://mirc.com/ - IRC isn't exactly a new concept and neither is mIRC. I suggest you get used to it rather than making it our problem