MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Can I Upload Video Files Like Attachments
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I tried to upload a wmv video as an attachment and it would not load for me. I did add the extension to the attachment list in my control panel.

Am I missing something or is this not possible?

Thanks
There should be an error message showing up on top of the page..
Nope, no error message...

Can I upload videos?
Ken7 Wrote:Nope, no error message...

Can I upload videos?

What do you mean by "it wouldn't load" ? It wont start "playing" when viewing that thread ... If you have permission to upload attachment, and you've added the extension correctly to the list , you should be able to upload videos.
Ken7 Wrote:Nope, no error message...

Can I upload videos?

Sure you can. Make sure that the size is defined.

Edit: Sorry LeX-, we were posting at the same time.
When I try to make the attachment by uploading the file from where the video is saved on my computer, there is a long pause and then the upload stops and the page goes back to what it looked like before I started the process of trying to upload the attachment.

Do I have to include the Mime Type also? I'm not sure how to list a video. I gave the max size 100mb.

I have no problem uploading pictures (jpgs etc.)
PHP I think only allows you to upload 5MB upload. Are you on shared hosting plan?
Snake Wrote:PHP I think only allows you to upload 5MB upload. Are you on shared hosting plan?

I think it depends on both the php upload script and the "upload_max_filesize" integer in the php.ini. Here's a good manual:

http://us3.php.net/features.file-upload

Regards
I can upload smaller videos but not anything around or bigger than 5 MB...Thanks for your help.

I will read through that manual link, but is there a way to increase the max file size, as I'm not really a good php guy.
Ken7 Wrote:I will read through that manual link, but is there a way to increase the max file size, as I'm not really a good php guy.
You open your php.ini file in a text editor and find upload_max_filesize, then add the required file size. Example:

upload_max_filesize = 20M

To locate your php.ini file upload the attached file to your server and then execute it. Look for the "Configuration File (php.ini) Path" then you will know its path.

Of course it is much easier if you ask your webhost support to configure this for you. From them you can also find out the upload_max_filesize they allow on their servers--I believe some webhosts put restrictions on the upload_max_filesize.
By the way, you should also check the post_max_size.
Regards
Pages: 1 2