MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Announcement disappears
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Summary:
Adding more then two announcements, makes
the earlier disappear. The max number of
announcements one can have is two.

Version:
Mybb Version: 1.2.9
PHP version 5.2.0
MySql: MySQLi 5.0.27

Description:
[attachment=7697]
Here is the forum structure. Currently there are two announcements. One Global and one local to a certain forum.

[attachment=7698]
Now I add 2 more. message1 and message 2. If I visit Atheism now, there should be 3: "Regler och riktliner", message1 and message2. Lets check:

[attachment=7699]

But only two shows up, message1 and message2. "Regler and Riktlinjer" is gone.

Is this a bug or is there an announcement-limit? I guess it's a bug. Could not find anything reported about this.
ACP - Board Settings - Change - Portal Settings - Number of announcements to show

What number did you enter in that setting ?
That number is set to 10..

Because "Number of announcements to show" was set to 10, and I could only get 2 to be shown, I suspected this was a setting for something else.

Now I tried to change the number from 10 to 1. I went to one of the boards that have 2 announcements, and this board still shows 2 announcements. Changing to a smaller number (1) had no effect either.

by the way, isn't there another feature which lists only the latest announcements, alone, from different boards. The option "Forum ID to pull announcements from" above "Number of announcements to show" suggests that. If so, that is not the feature I mean. The feature I have problem with is when I as a guest (or logged in user) go to the main page, visit one of the forums, and on the row-separator it says: "Forum Announcements", and the threads are listed below (as in the picture).
ACP - Board Settings - Change - Forum Home Options - Announcements Limit
[ The number of forum announcements to show in the thread listing on the forum display pages. Set to 0 to disable announcements altogether. ]
LeX- Wrote:ACP - Board Settings - Change - Portal Settings - Number of announcements to show

What number did you enter in that setting ?

That setting only works with announcements to be shown on the portal page - which are pulled from a forum.

The "Forum Home Options - Announcements Limit" setting as mentioned above is what you should be changing.
I do not have this option:
"ACP - Board Settings - Change - Forum Home Options - Announcements Limit "

Check the image:
[attachment=7705]

I tried to set
"Subforums to show on Index listing"
to 0. But it had no effect on the announcements. Still have the same problem..

So why do I not have the "Announcements Limit" option?
I am currently translating a languagepack, I tried changing it back to english, and I also deactivated the plugin I have, but i still do not have "Announcements Limit" option. I can not think of anything else that I have done that might have affected my installation. I did modify a template to add a news-row on the indexpage, but I guess that has nothing to do with the problem.

I am running 1.2.9
It is actually under "Forum Display Options"

Chris
Chris Boulton Wrote:It is actually under "Forum Display Options"

Chris

Thank you all very much. The problem was just that I was looking in the wrong place.