MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Is this possible?!! *Problem solved*
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Is there a way for me to make an archive type of folder where old/dying post will get moved to and once it's finally cleaned, users won't lose their post count? I've got a mod setup now that when you're posts are under a certain count, you get a message. I don't want to take away from someones posting if their posts are being deleted from being old/dead.

Thanks,
Shemo
http://mods.mybboard.net/view/trash-can-forum ; The only thing there's needed is a modification so they don't loose their postcount when deleting.
Ty for the quick reply. I'll try it out when I get in tonight.
Or you could just make a subforum caled Trash somewhere, and move all threads in there. Make sure to lock that forum then. This way, you don't even have to install that plugin.
Lex, if I "empty" the trash can, will it erase the post counts of users?!?! This is what I'm trying to avoid totally.
Shemo Wrote:Lex, if I "empty" the trash can, will it erase the post counts of users?!?! This is what I'm trying to avoid totally.

Yes it will definitely affect the post count of the users. This does need a special mod.
I like the trash can mod, but I want to maybe edit it so it doesn't revert any post counts? is there a way to do this? basically, if a user has 200 posts, and 4 of their posts are in the trash can, I want their post count to stay at 200 when I empty the can out.
Shemo Wrote:I like the trash can mod, but I want to maybe edit it so it doesn't revert any post counts? is there a way to do this? basically, if a user has 200 posts, and 4 of their posts are in the trash can, I want their post count to stay at 200 when I empty the can out.
If a user has 4 posts in the trash can and you emptied (cleared) the trash can, the use post count will become 196. The trash can is simply a kind of forum where users posts are moved. The only thing about it is that it is password-protected and posts that are automatically "moved" there (after deletion) can be re-moved to their original locations (or to any other locations). Of course, you can manually "deceive" the forum counters by editing each user whose posts have been deleted in phpmyadim and put the original post count in the "postnum" filed. But this is a temporary solution, because once you recount and rebuild the forum counters in your Admin CP, the real post count will change according to the actual existing posts. Unless, of course you do not intend to use the recount and rebuild function. I can see the possibility of a mod that can force the counters to ignore the deleted posts while processing the recount and rebuild. I don't know, if it had been earlier, I might have thought of something else. Unfortunately, I have to jump into bed now.

Regards
Are you able to make up a quick little mod to do this what you explained?
Shemo Wrote:Are you able to make up a quick little mod to do this what you explained?

The only possible "trick" I can think of right now is that you backup mybb_users table -> delete the posts -> restore the backup of the table. This will bring back the original post count. But to in order to keep this post count you must not perform "Recount User Post Counts" in the Admin Cp.
Pages: 1 2