MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Possible to change a user's registration date?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm recreating a whole load of user accounts after moving from another forum system to MyBB. Is it possible for me to change their registration dates to the date they registered on the old forum?

I looked at database table mybb_users and saw that the attribute regdate is in the format (eg) 1192350590 so couldn't work out how I'd change that to display month/year ...
That's a UNIX timestamp; there are many convertors on the net where you can give in a 'normal' date and it converts it for you into a UNIX timestamp. Just did a google search, maybe this thing can help you; http://www.onlineconversion.com/unix_time.htm
You could also just get the 1192350590 type date from the old database and paste it into the field 'regdate' in phpmyadmin for the specific user.
If you have too many users, then this going to be a tiring task to manually change the regdate of all users. If I were you, I'd just tell me forum members that we are starting a "vita nouva" (new life).Big Grin
Yes i would agree with maatty if you have a lot of members just let them know that everyones registered date has been reset to the same date due to database issues.
I doubt they'll care, really :p
If you're converting from another forum system, shouldn't it keep track of the registration date? Chances are, you could copy the values over with a query.
Thanks everyone. I'm changing from Discus Pro which stores dates as mm-dd-yyyy.

I really want to keep the original registration dates as I think most people like to display their 'seniority' (!), and maybe a long membership implies that the member is more likely to be trustworthy.

Anyway, thanks to LeX- for the converter - that does the job perfectly.