MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Quick Edit Issue [SOLVED]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Is it just me or is quick edit not working in this forum?
Sometimes there are images (i.e. in signatures) that take a long time to load. And since javascript is the last thing to load, there's no way to quick edit until it does.
Edited: Thanks for your replies. It seems that the problem exists only in my forum. I think this is the result of having added a javascript code in my header template.

Edited again: I removed this code
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://edcu.net/media_player.js"></script>	
 <script>
var autoStart = false;
var buildPlayers = "onClick"; // set to "onClick" or "onLoad"
var requireRelEnclosure = false;
var useImageSize = true;
var videoHeight = 240;
var videoWidth = 320;
var displayHelpText = true;
var debug = false;
</script> 

And it started to work again. Now the problem is where should I place this code without having a conflict with the "quick edit" javascript code?
Tikitiki Wrote:Sometimes there are images (i.e. in signatures) that take a long time to load. And since javascript is the last thing to load, there's no way to quick edit until it does.
It's actually possible to edit it to make it work before the DOM is ready by modifying the init function slightly, and placing calls to it when quick edit is called.
Toungue

maatty Wrote:Edited: Thanks for your replies. It seems that the problem exists only in my forum. I think this is the result of having added a javascript code in my header template.

Edited again: I removed this code
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://edcu.net/media_player.js"></script>	
 <script>
var autoStart = false;
var buildPlayers = "onClick"; // set to "onClick" or "onLoad"
var requireRelEnclosure = false;
var useImageSize = true;
var videoHeight = 240;
var videoWidth = 320;
var displayHelpText = true;
var debug = false;
</script> 

And it started to work again. Now the problem is where should I place this code without having a conflict with the "quick edit" javascript code?
It's probably something to do with the JS file. I can't look through it right now, but it does seem to use prototype (and I've had quite a few issues with prototype and MyBB).
If you can, try installing the Firebug plugin for Firefox, enable it and see if it can identify a script error.
ZiNga BuRgA Wrote:If you can, try installing the Firebug plugin for Firefox, enable it and see if it can identify a script error.

I have just installed the Firebug plugin and it didn't report any script errors! Thanks for your concern.

Regards
I have just set the "var buildPlayers =" to "onLoad" in the above script and now both the script and Quick Edit work together in peace.

Thanks everybody
ZiNga BuRgA Wrote:
Tikitiki Wrote:Sometimes there are images (i.e. in signatures) that take a long time to load. And since javascript is the last thing to load, there's no way to quick edit until it does.
It's actually possible to edit it to make it work before the DOM is ready by modifying the init function slightly, and placing calls to it when quick edit is called.
Toungue

Yeh, I know. I've just considered it an "oustanding minor issue" which will likely be changed in a future version
^ Toungue I just found it a little annoying, if people posted large images (page would take forever to load) and I typically cancel loading of pages that take too long to load. Problem was, when the page was canceled, DOM was never ready... >_>
What annoys me more than the waiting is that if you try it before the page has loaded, it breaks and you either have to do a full edit or refresh the page.

This wait to use the inline moderation stuff also annoys me.
MrDoom Wrote:What annoys me more than the waiting is that if you try it before the page has loaded, it breaks and you either have to do a full edit or refresh the page.

This wait to use the inline moderation stuff also annoys me.

Odd, Quick Edit always works for me, even when I accidently hit it before the page it done. o.O
Pages: 1 2